[CT Birds] Fw: chili powder & squirrels

Gary Witte wirthwitte at att.net
Tue Feb 12 23:01:43 EST 2013

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Gary Witte <wirthwitte at att.net>
To: jbudrow at sbcglobal.net
Sent: Tue, February 12, 2013 10:59:55 PM
Subject: re:chili powder & squirrels

Joseph: People on the internet raved about how effective chili powder is to
deter squirrels. I bought a fresh bottle and emptied the entire thing in with 3
quarts of seed. I think I bought pure cayenne pepper. It had absolutely no
effect on my grey squirrels. A $20 metal cone from the Audubon shop on my feeder
pole is completely effective. The squirrels still get to ground-feed on the
fallen seeds. It's a beautiful thing to watch them climb up the pole over &
over, only to slide back down. Maybe it matters if it's red or grey squirrels.
 All I know is, it didn't work for me. Good luck, Winie Wirth, Milford