[CT Birds] suet

wingsct at juno.com wingsct at juno.com
Wed Feb 13 06:23:47 EST 2013

A caveat about using raw suet:  any raw meat, suet that has been through humanhandling i.e. supermarkets, butchers, etc. can and will likely have salmonella,e-coli bacteria which can be transmitted and fatal to birds.Thus, it is best to use suet that has been rendered or at least boiled longenough to kill bacteria.Another great winter food supplement for birds is a mixture of peanut butter andcornmeal.  The mixture becomes granular which is perfect for little beaks.I recommend using organic p.b. and cornmeal which isn't genetically modified. Meredith SampsonOld Greenwich