[CT Birds] Duck Stamps

MIN HUANG mhuang at snet.net
Thu Feb 14 13:34:28 EST 2013

As is taxing hunters 11% for ammunition and hunting equipment.  Sometimes to get
the right things done you need to go the extra mile.  Time and time again in the
history of this great country has that fact been demonstrated.

future (e.g. some sort of levy on bird feeding equipment and feed) needs to be
organized by a grassroots movement, not an agency.  Concerned people need to
rally and start giving real thought to a mechanism that will work.  Then as a
concerted group, we need to get the support in the Legislature to sponsor a bill
to get us where we need to ultimately go.  The monies need to go to a 3rd party
quasi-government entity with representation from the public Agencies, NGO's, and
the conservation community as a whole to make sure that the funds can never be
raided, and that everyone gets a cut of the pie.  Conservation in this state and
across our great Nation occurs at the local level and the landscape level.  In
CT the Land Trusts, Conservation Commissions, NGO's, and the DEEP and other
public agencies need to be true partners and work together.

Min Huang
Columbia