[CT Birds] I'm very courious...

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 12 19:07:40 EST 2013

I'm very curious...

What are the wild birds eating out there? Not only is our wild food crop
one of the worst I've ever seen this winter-(inland for sure) , but now we have
many inches of snow cover that is concealing not only weed and other seeds, but
many of the rodents that the flying predators need to survive.

Yes-we do have feeders for some to find food, but it seems from all the reports
here, they are being used quite a lot, which means they are very desperate and
even dependent on them to survive. This is not normal or natural, and i for one
am very concerned for many wild birds survival this winter, especially near the
end of winter when the pressure to find food is at its peak!

May I ask if others see this, and if so, do you have any comments, or
observations to such?
Thanks - Paul Carrier - Harwinton