[CT Birds] New Volunteers Needed for Piping Plover/Shorebird Monitoring

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Fri Feb 15 14:43:11 EST 2013

The Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds (Audubon Connecticut and Connecticut Audubon Society) is seeking volunteers to become Piping Plover monitors for the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service for the 2013 season. Please check out this entry on our blog for more information and a press release from USFWS: http://ctwaterbirds.blogspot.com/2013/02/new-volunteers-needed-for-piping.html

Please note that this year there will be two volunteer monitor training sessions, both on March 16. One will be for past monitors and one will be for new volunteers because we have so many tremendous volunteers from past seasons. We really need your help! The nesting success of these birds depends on volunteer efforts, and you only have to donate a minimum of 2 hours each month to help out. Thank you for your consideration and we hope to see you in March!

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.