[CT Birds] White-headed Finch, and more

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Feb 19 22:24:10 EST 2013

Passing these along.

 From val melnikov, 02/19// Wallingford, CT. Blue Trail Range. 13:00. Peregine flew over range heading north towards escarpment. Cool!

 From Ann Pacheco:
white headed house finch? and bluebirds, oh my!
I spotted this house finch that has a beautiful white head over the weekend.  It is always in the company of other house finches.  Does anyone have any information about this?  You may see a photo here:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/annmpacheco/
Also, I have had a flock of about thirty bluebirds for the last four days.  There is quite a range of maturity and their coloring is just beautiful.  I made my first batch of bluebird suet nuggets and also provide a supply of meal worms.  I am in the process of putting up bluebird houses in hopes of having some stay and begin their nesting season.  Their photos can also be seen at the above address.  I am looking forward to any input you may have about this white headed house finch .  Thanks, Ann

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT