[CT Birds] Robins in New Haven

SOPHIE ZYLA sophiezyla at snet.net
Thu Feb 21 07:40:59 EST 2013

Bob,

As I was heading to fill all my empty bird feeders the other day I heard the red-wing blackbirds in my ash tree. Joining them were the grackles, starlings, and brown-headed cowbirds.  My heated bird bath was overflowing with another noisy group as were the other tall trees near my yard. Their large numbers make such quick work of emptying those bird feeders! Not a single chickadee, titmouse, cardinal, blue jay, dove, woodpecker, sparrow, or hawk was in sight. So I sent these noisy groups on their way and they must have gone to New Britain and your house.   :)

Enjoy the end of winter as spring must be just around the corner.

Sophie Zyla