[CT Birds] beautiful song

Meredith, Leslie Leslie.Meredith at simonandschuster.com
Sun Feb 24 08:36:49 EST 2013

7AM.Walking dog without bins down Maple South in Westport onto Clapboard toward Greens Farms road, heard a couple faint peents that indicate Woodcocks have returned (near where I'd heard them last year). High in a tree was a bird singing a lovely cascade of warbles with a burry raspberry about 3/4 through it. Really beautiful and not just I've been starved for birdsong. I've been searching on line for the song -- somewhat similar to a Fox Sparrow but I don't think that was it.  Please send suggestions?