[CT Birds] Westport CBC 2012 Count final results

Mardi Dickinson mardi1d at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 19:33:50 EST 2013

Birders et al,

The final results of the Westport CBC are in and will be posted on the CBC site shortly. Field teams found 96 species on count day. Of note were any
birds at all, but especially an Eurasian Widgeon and Vesper sparrow, Two feeder counts added 3 more species including a Rose breasted Grosbeak.
So the final count day total for the Westport CBC stands at 99 species. The most generous assessment of the day was "terrible". An additional 5 species
were added for count week. Virtually each and every field and feeder report added significant data. Having spent the majority of the terrible day in the field.

We can't begin to express our thanks to everyone who participated and made the Westport CBC happen. The icing on the cake for many was the compilation
and pot luck supper at the charming, cozy and convenient CAS Birdcraft.

Mardi & Townsend Dickinson
Westport CBC Co-Compilers
Norwalk, CT