[CT Birds] Assorted Reports including White Gull

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Feb 22 22:01:12 EST 2013

Passing these along.

 From Michael Carretta:
2/20 - Stratford, Long Beach - Possible Ivory Gull or Albino Gull, Frank M. was there as well and suggested either an albino Black-headed gull or a Bonaparte's Gull. I uploaded photos to my Flickr account and posted them to a bird identification group. If someone could help I would be extremely greatful. If you do not have a Flickr account you can contact me by email: mikecarretta at gmail.com

 From Judy Richardson:
Ravens and Common Megansers
Friday, February 22, 2013 9:06 AM
I had 2 Common Ravens in Bridgeport near Fairfield Wheeler golf course, and about 25 Common Mergansers (for about 3 days) on the Mill River in Southport, visible from Bronson Road. A Tree sparrow at the feeder in Easton along with the Fox sparrow and a single Red winged Blackbird. Bluebirds and Robins everywhere!

 From val melnikov
Brant raft
Thursday, February 21, 2013 12:39 AM
02/20. Anchor Beach, Milford. Sunset or thereabouts. Raft of Brant approx. 10 meters from shore.  The raft looked like a perfect circle. The Brant were literally touching each other. That kind of station keeping hasn't been seen since Nelson.

 From Ralph Amodei
2/21 - 2:11 pm East Haven over rte 80 - adult Bald Eagle

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT