[CT Birds] Feeder sightings

Jane Olsen olsenj at stlukesct.org
Sat Feb 23 10:01:50 EST 2013

This morning at our feeder in RIdgefield we have 2 gorgeous, healthy
looking hairy woodpeckers - a male and a female.  We haven't seen one of
them for awhile.  We also had our intermittent visitors, a pair of pileated
woodpeckers, in the trees behind the feeders this morning.  Another unusual
sighting this week was a Lincoln's sparrow.  After a bit of a lull, we have
been swarmed again by pine siskins.  Everyone is singing their hearts out.
Like us, they are ready for spring!

Jane Nicklin Olsen
Fifth Grade Teacher
St. Luke's School
New Canaan, CT 06840
email: olsenj at stlukesct.org
phone: +1 (203) 801-4905

*This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and any attachments and destroy any
copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than
the intended recipient is unauthorized.*

*Please consider the environment before printing this email.