[CT Birds] How nutritious can that be?

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 23 12:35:53 EST 2013

'Sorry to anthropomorphize, but I've been frequently seeing forlorn-looking "Swamp Hawks".  Last week Red-shoulders were perched on poles on Route 110 (Shelton), on poles on Route 8 (Seymour), on Gaylord Mountain Road (Hamden), and a couple other locations.  I've two that do a lonely vigil over a small seep in the neighbor's yard (Bethany). Virtually all my February sightings have been orange-breasted adults.  'Time to put out some chicken!

Ravens continue to be common as well.  I've had several fly-overs during my commute on the Merritt Pky (Milford/Orange).

Steve Mayo