[CT Birds] a Hawk feeding station

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 27 10:49:04 EST 2013

For years now, I have been feeding a pair of Red-s-Hawks in my Harwinton yard
from my compost pile. There they glean all the leftover meat scraps. This year i
decided to make it even better for them, by making a Hawk feeding station 7' up
on a Maple tree trunk. here no day ground critters can get at it, such as Dogs,
Racoons, Skunks and many others.
 Since placing it there three weeks ago, It has been flawless! This pair now
shows up daily at 9 ish, and when i spot them, I go out and place the food. I do
this so the crows won't take the food first. Besides, they have the whole
compost to themselves now. I use any fresh road kill I can find - Last week it
was a Turkey! Or I purchase sell by date Chicken legs. Now, after i place the
food, as I walk away one will fly onto the feeder even before i make it to the
door.

If you want to see a picture of this feeder with hawk, please contact me and i
will E mail it out to you...Paul Carrier - Harwinton