[CT Birds] Red-necked Grebe, Enfield

Jamie Meyers ctredbird2 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 3 13:26:16 EST 2013

Also a couple of Greater Scaup and Ring-necked Ducks. For the anal town listers amongst us (and God bless you all) most of the good birds were actually in Suffield waters despite being seen from Enfield. A nice variety of water birds, as expected when spring begins to spring. Elsewhere, I had American Wigeons and Bufflehead along the Hockanum in East Hartford. Many large bodies of water are still quite ice covered but almost that I had have some open areas. Common Mergansers are around in numbers, and as Bill's Glastonbury and Enfield posts suggest, there are literally TONS of Canada Geese around. I also had three Bald Eagles en route from Windsor to Enfield.

Jamie Meyers
Canton, CT