[CT Birds] Trumpeter Swan at Konold's Pond, Woodbridge

Linda & Steve Broker ls.broker at cox.net
Sun Mar 3 14:46:18 EST 2013

From Steve Broker (Cheshire):
03/03/2013 - Woodbridge, Konold's Pond as seen from Bradley Road (2:00 P.M.) -- 1 Trumpeter Swan.  There have been 8, 10, or 12 swans on Konold's Pond through the recent period of ice melt and reappearance of open water.  I have identified only Mute Swans from ridge top until today, when I saw a candidate swan  on Konold's, viewing from above the old quarry.  Heading off the ridge and driving to Bradley Road and the south end of Konold's, I photographed a single Trumpeter Swan actively feeding and in loose company with two Mute Swans.  Ten additional Mute Swans are at the northeast portion of the pond.