[CT Birds] squirrel and Turkey...

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 3 21:46:00 EST 2013

Just to ad to Dave Ps adventure with squirrel and Turkey...

Several years ago, I saw a Mourning Dove feeding from my open screen on a pole
feeder.
In flies a belligerent Blue Jay, expecting the Dove to just move on as they
usually do. Well This Dove, the symbol of peace, gave no ground. The Blue jay
was shocked. They stared at each other for some time, when suddenly the Dove
moved towards the Jay and WING SLAPPED it several times ! The astounded Jay
eventually flew off and the Dove went back to eating.

Lesson to the Jay - Don't always expect a Dove of Peace to always give in to
it's bullying tactics.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton