[CT Birds] White-winged Gulls today at the Windsor landfill: 2 Glaucous, 6 Iceland

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Tue Feb 26 17:25:02 EST 2013

Spent most of the day with Patrick Comins at the landfill today.
Excellent day for White-winged Gulls. I arrived early at 8:00 am just
as the landfill opened. Before Patrick arrived (around 9:00 am) I
located the possible (Slaty-backed Gull??) which was only present for
a short time. It was never relocated again.

 From the northwest came that huge all white Glaucous Gull that
Patrick found on Friday. It stayed for about ten minutes and then got
lost in with the other Gulls that were coming and going from the
landfill. When Patrick arrived a second nearly all white Glaucous Gull
(although much smaller) was spotted, and we were joined by Carl
Ekroth. This Gull also stayed for about ten minutes. Both Glaucous
Gulls were never re-located.

To add to the list: 2- 1st cycle, 2 (possible) 2nd cycle (pending
photo review), and 2 adult Iceland Gulls.

Keith Mueller