[CT Birds] RBNH, Creeper, P. Siskin

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Mar 1 20:05:27 EST 2013

Wow, what a huge, shiny Rusty Blackbird!--no, it's a Grackle.  Just one, and a couple of first summer Red Wing Bb's: brown edging on back, & bars not quite right yet.

It's always odd to see a Brown Creeper feeding on the ground.  1 Pine Siskin--waning winter.  And the RBNH was only around a bit today, less than usual, and later:  I was afraid he'd left.  And my Rusty buddies are absent.  I'm beginning to miss my winter friends.

From Arthur Shippee:
03/01/13 - Hamden, North Lake -- Red-breasted Nuthatch, Brown Creeper, Pine Siskin