[CT Birds] Simsbury CACKLING and some other stuff

Brian Kleinman snaketat at cox.net
Thu Mar 7 11:19:06 EST 2013

In the corn fields on Nod Road near the intersection of intersection of 185
there was a CACKLING GOOSE mixed in with with a couple hundred Canada Geese,
Mallards, and Black Ducks.  It flew north around 9:30am, but hundreds of
geese roost in the Farmington River along Nod Road across from the model
airplane field ­ I¹m sure it will be back.  Also of note was a COMMON RAVEN
flying over the intersection of 44 and Simsbury Road in Avon, and a pair of
BLACK VULTURES circling over the old Wagner Ford buildings in Simsbury.
This is the 3rd year I¹ve  seen a pair in that area during March/April ­ I¹m
sure that they are nesting somewhere in the area.

>From Brian Kleinman

3/7 ­ Nod Road, Simsbury - In the corn fields on Nod Road near the