[CT Birds] Connecticut Christmas Bird Count Results

Stephen Broker ls.broker at cox.net
Thu Mar 7 23:54:07 EST 2013

The results of individual Connecticut Christmas Bird Counts are available through the National Audubon Society website.  The sequence to follow is NAS home page>Christmas Bird Count>Results, Data & Research>Results:  Current & Historical>Current Year.  Select Results by Count from this drop down menu, and go to the country (United States) and state (Connecticut) postings.

As of this afternoon/evening, 15 of 16 CT CBCs are posted.  The Pawling, NY/Hidden Valley, CT CBC is found under New York State.  The Napatree CBC, which extends into southeastern Connecticut, will be found under Rhode Island.

The Excel spreadsheet of statewide results that I build each year will appear in an upcoming issue of The Connecticut Warbler.  Our plans include adding spreadsheets for past Connecticut CBCs to the COA webpage.  My expectation is that I will begin to send pdf files for recent CBC years to Steve Morytko in the weeks ahead for this new section of the COA website.  The ultimate goal will be to have the statewide results going back to 1900-1901.  My computer currently holds results for all Connecticut counts going back to the 1940s.

Steve Broker (Cheshire)