[CT Birds] CT TUFTED DUCK ebird report from 3/7

Sara Zagorski penguinsz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 9 08:07:15 EST 2013

3/9 - 7:45 am - Phil Rusch just checked out the pond in question and there were only a few ring-necks on the pond, most of it is iced in with only a narrow opening. He said there is only 2 - 3 inches of snow and lots of ponds to check in the area.

It's a nice day for a ride out there, so the more people looking, the better the chances of relocating the duck. Phil pointed out that in his experience tufted ducks often congregate with scaup, so check all the scaup flocks also.

Sara Zagorski
Wethersfield

Sent from my iPhone