[CT Birds] CT TUFTED DUCK ebird report from 3/7

B Inskeep binskeep at optonline.net
Sat Mar 9 08:35:14 EST 2013

As many may be aware, there have been 2 individual Tufted Ducks on Long Island, one being straight across Long Island Sound from Stamford in Huntington, NY. I have not seen any recent reports indicating if either are still there. I do know that the duck in Huntington was associated with a group of about 7 or so Ring-necked Ducks on Saturday 3/2 for those fortunate enough to see it.

Scaup numbers are building here off Shippan Point. It would be nice to see a Tufted in this area!

Brenda Inskeep
Stamford, CT