[CT Birds] State response to Rough Grouse

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 14:15:45 EST 2013

But don't you, Dave, Pat and others think that *at least* a temporary
hunting moritorium on our own home-grown Connecticut Grouse would be a good
thing, while the habitat recovers?  Why should we import Grouse in the
future when we might salvage our own?  I'm sad that we no longer have
Bobwhite native in Connecticut.  Some escaped caged grown bird just doesn't
make it for me.  I would hate to see the Ruffed Grouse follow that path.  I
do believe the Christmas Count indicates a real problem here, possibly one
that we don't have time to solve by habitat resoration and hope for the
best, whil;e hunters blast away.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut