[CT Birds] Birders have not failed

charles barnard jr chbarnjr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 18:15:33 EDT 2013

Chris,

Neither you nor wildlife professionals have failed. Birders have not failed
either. However, it was actually my unfortunate experience to hear a
wildlife professional actually say that birders, as compared to hunters,
were freeloaders and cheapskates.  He went on a long rant on that theme
while, ironically, I was actually donating my time to help with a project
in which he and others were involved with. I had arrived at that location
in order to do some birding and was asked if I would help, so I put my
plans " on hold" and chipped in to do what I was asked to do.

It was during this effort that I had to listen to all the noise.

Charlie