[CT Birds] Enfield Red-necked Grebe 1:45

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Mar 5 17:09:13 EST 2013

 From Roy Harvey:
03/05/13 - Enfield, Barnes Boat Launch -- 1:45 PM; 1 Red-necked Grebe on the near side of the far bridge piling.

I arrived at around 1:45 and the grebe was easily seen, but less that ten minutes later it had disappeared.  Though I stayed until around 2:35 I did not find it again.  A local birder I spoke with said that last week there were two Red-necked Grebes, and showed me a photo showing two taken when they were in close.  I did not get the birder's name, but he appreciated finally knowing why so many people had been around the last couple of days.

Otherwise there were a few Bufflehead and Ring-necked Ducks, one female Common Merganser. (And of course lots and lots and lots of Canada Geese.)

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT