[CT Birds] ROUGH GROUSE Sightings

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 8 00:25:08 EST 2013

Ntl. Audubon Soc. Christmas Bird Counts for the State of CT.
Results of  ROUGH GROUSE  Sightings in 10 year increments :

1973 - Grouse counted-252, observers-842

1983 - Grouse counted-198, observers-755

1993 - Grouse counted-66, observers-788

2003 - Grouse counted-8, observers-855

2012 - Grouse counted-4, observers-694

Only 4 Grouse counted for this years CBC count for the State of CT– and they are
still on the States Hunting list? They need our help! Please call your State rep
and tell them to take this declining bird off the States list of accepted hunted
game birds! 4 birds seen in the entire State covered by 694 people birding the
whole day is just unacceptable!
40 years ago – 252 Grouse, this year 4 – Why can't our State see, and do
something about this???

Paul Carrier - Harwinton