[CT Birds] flickers and red belly's

Ricki Soucy rickisoucy at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 9 08:21:23 EST 2013

Have two pairs each of flickers and red belly's this morning, squabbling over the two suet feeders hanging off the feeder poles my husband made.  One pair of flickers finally figured out if they flew down and fed under the suet feeders they can eat all the little pieces  that fall and avoid the pandamonium above.  The only problem they had was the male mocking bird who has had free reign this winter under the feeders has decided that he wants to continue his reign and is challenging birds twice his size.  I don't picture this coming out successively for the mocking bird, despite the fact he has puffed himself up to appear more agressive.
Ricki Soucy