[CT Birds] Long Beach West, Stratford, flagged sanderling

charles barnard jr chbarnjr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 14:49:12 EDT 2013

No rarities this morning, but there was a Sanderling which had a lime
(pale) green flag on its' upper left leg with code J4N. The lower right leg
had a standard metal band. I submitted the information to "bandedbirds.org,"but
it was a somewhat complicated process and I am not sure my information was
sent properly. I hope that I get some kind of information in return as to
where and when the bird was originally flagged and any other subsequent
sightings.

There were about 150 Sanderling and 200 Dunlin present. I could not
relocate the gull which has been causing all the discussion, nor was a
Piping Plover there this morning. Many gulls feeding in a line far
offshore.

Charlie Barnard Jr.
Stratford