[CT Birds] Feeder numbers - yes

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 11 21:47:22 EDT 2013

Feeder numbers - yes, are lower here in Harwinton as well, and nothing new. I
still count
at least 20 Redpoll - they have been here all winter in various numbers. My
Junco left in numbers
 yesterday, from 40 tops, to just 3, and WT Sps down to two. I figure these
birds left as the snow vanished, or
as up here, we still have all snow on ground cept not under some trees or south
side of house
were sun/rain melted it. Breeding pressures are in full swing now, and many need
to find and defend
a territory. We are still 100% iced in on ponds and lakes, but soon the ducks
will be coming.

Off note but still a bit birdy - Just listened to "The Academy of Ancient
Music",
with Emma Kirkby, singing - "Pretty Warblers"........... Just beautiful!

Paul Carrier