[CT Birds] Giant Laser Light Show during Migration,East Rock

Anthony Zemba ajzemba at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 18:08:29 EDT 2013

More likely a repellent effect would occur as the use of green laser lights
(for some reason green is more effective than red) is used to harass and
evict mass roosts of starlings and icterids near airports as part of Bird
Airstrike Hazard Management (BASH) planning. But I am neither a BASH expert
nor a physics guy and would imagine that the impact is related to the light
intensity, beam width, etc. Anyone know if the gentleman who is the ranger
at East Park (I don't know his name) been consulted during this planning?

Anthony Zemba
Director of Conservation Services
Connecticut Audubon Society