[CT Birds] orange backyard

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 11:44:05 EDT 2013

3/15  Orange backyard
I have had 2 American Goldfinches around this winter-many less than
previous years.
But the male of the pair has started moulting into his bright yellow spring
attire.  I had a large flock (about 75) Red winged blackbirds here 2 weeks
ago, and that number has shrunk down to 10 and now about 4.  But I do see a
large flock of them flying through the neighborhood.
My one Song sparrow all winter has been joined by a second this week.
Common Grackles have appeared in the last week or so. A pair of Cowbirds
appeared this week. My 1 Fox sparrow has apparently departed.
My regulars- mourning doves, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Titmice, Chickadees,
Juncos,
Downys, Red bellies, White throated sparrows, House finches, House sparrows
and the pair of White breasted nuthatches, with an occasional strafing by a
Cooper's and Sharpie.
Bev Propen, orange