[CT Birds] Sterling yard - Yellow-headed Blackbird

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Sat Mar 16 18:39:56 EDT 2013

>From Robert Dixon
3/16/13 - Sterling yard / feeders - This morning the yard and feeders were swarmed by a massive flock of Common Grackles (2000), Brown-headed Cowbirds (750), Red-winged Blackbirds (200) and an immature male YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD (our 6th record for the yard). These are conservative counts, there were a lot of birds. In the middle of all this were WILD TURKEYS (25 with at least 7 displaying males), FOX SPARROW, EASTERN TOWHEE (1m) and PINE SISKIN (46). Also had a flyover WOOD DUCK at daybreak. I managed to get a few photos of the Yellow-headed Blackbird and the displaying Wild Turkeys.

Robert Dixon
179 Main St.
Sterling, Ct. 06377
860-564-4638 h