[CT Birds] Ratio of Red-shouldered to Red-tailed

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 14:50:35 EDT 2013

Sorry...cat made me hit send prematurely

Anyway, after checking my field notes since October, in the northeast, the ratio of red shouldered to red tails observed is a little better than 1 to 1. Red- shouldered Hawks are observed virtually daily and both my yard and Joys yard each include a territorial pair

I think their numbers have really increased in the state but more so up in the northeast corner.

Mark