[CT Birds] A little OT- looking for some birding info

Ann Lewis annmlewis at charter.net
Sun Mar 17 15:42:02 EDT 2013

Don,

Have you considered the Lower Rio Grande Valley in Texas?  I went on a
birding trip there last year during the second week on April and saw
over 200 sp., over 60 of them birds I had never seen before! It was an
awesome trip.  We covered different habitats starting  from South Padre
Island and going up the Rio Grand Valley to Santa Ana NWF and Estero
Llano Grande State Park among other places. There's an ABA birding guide
to the Lower Rio Grande that has lots of info which I have and I'd be
glad to loan out.  You can contact me off line if you want more info.

This year I am planning a trip to SE Arizona, leaving in a couple of
weeks.  So if anyone has any suggestions for birding there, I'd be
interested.  I am planning on spending time in Madera Canyon and
Patagonia-Sonoita Preserve as well was stopping at the Arizona Sonora
Desert Museum.

Ann Lewis
Chaplin, CT

Message: 9