[CT Birds] Bird feeder pole and feeder - Bear? Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 13 08:38:50 EDT 2013

Got up this AM (Wed, 13 Mar 2013) and noted that the bird feeder was on the ground and the top of the metal pole for the bird feeder bent. By the feeder on the ground was a raccoon. While I suppose the raccoon could have bent the pole and taken down the feeder I am thinking it was more likely a bear that bent the pole and brought down the feeder. With the mild weather we have had I suspect bears are now up and about. Be careful with your bird feeders at night people.

David W Babington
Washington, CT