[CT Birds] Giant Laser Light Show during Migration,East Rock

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Wed Mar 13 09:14:31 EDT 2013

Thanks for pointing that out Matthew,

Taking a look at the website it appears the lasers will be specific colors for the most part and not a continuous white light. Birds see more wavelengths than humans (or at least slightly different set), and we know that white light sources confuse/attract nocturnal migrants. Whether these colored lasers, that will change positions seemingly, will have the same attractive result I don't know. If it does, at least there isn't a tall reflective tower on the summit. I wonder how many auto accidents on the Q bridge will result though!

David Provencher
Millstone Technical Procedures
Phone: 860 447-1791 ext 5139
Pager: 860-504-3484