[CT Birds] Rocky Hill Meadows

Jack Swatt jswattbirds at snet.net
Thu Mar 14 11:45:36 EDT 2013

On a quick drive through Rocky Hill Meadows this morning I found a pool in one of the fields with 4 NORTHERN PINTAIL drakes, >100 GREEN-WINGED TEAL, and at least one AMER. WIGEON.  Also heard 2 WOOD DUCKS and saw 2 in flight (maybe the same).  The pool was in the far back corner of the last field on the left heading west past the MX area.  I was short for time and viewing was difficult through the taller grasses so there may be other migrants I may not have seen.
Jack Swatt