[CT Birds] FW: [New Haven Bird Club] BLOCK ISLAND FIELD TRIP

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Thu Mar 14 13:20:50 EDT 2013

From: NH_Bird_Club at yahoogroups.com [mailto:NH_Bird_Club at yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Christopher Loscalzo
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:10 PM
To: NH_Bird_Club at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [New Haven Bird Club] BLOCK ISLAND FIELD TRIP

Hello, fellow birders:

There are several spots available to go on the field trip to Block Island on
Thursday, March 21st.  The trip begins at the Point Judith ferry terminal at
6 am.  We'll be looking for pelagic birds from the ferry and will see many
fine sea ducks and other birds from the island. Lunch will be at the Poor
People's Pub on Block Island.  We'll be returning to the mainland on the
2:30 pm ferry and should be back in CT by 6 pm.  The cost for the trip is
about $45 per person, plus lunch.  On the scouting trip to the island this
past weekend, we saw a number of interesting birds, including Common Murre,
Black Guillemot, Razorbill, Northern Gannet, Common Eider, Long-tailed Duck,
Ruddy Duck, all three scoter species, American Coot, Iceland and Bonaparte's
Gull, and five shorebird species.  The weather forecast for next Thursday is
favorable for the trip, with modest winds and no precipitation predicted.
Anyone interested in joining us should contact me at closcalz at optonline.net
or 203 389-6508.

Chris Loscalzo

Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMzYzMjgxMDIw?act=reply&messageNum=514> Reply via
web post

<mailto:closcalz at optonline.net?subject=Re%3A%20BLOCK%20ISLAND%20FIELD%20TRIP
> Reply to sender

<mailto:NH_Bird_Club at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20BLOCK%20ISLAND%20FIELD%
20TRIP> Reply to group

BjBHN0aW1lAzEzNjMyODEwMjA-> Start a New Topic

Ec2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxMzYzMjgxMDIwBHRwY0lkAzUxNA--> Messages in
this topic (1)

Recent Activity:

0aW1lAzEzNjMyODEwMjA-> Visit Your Group

On the web at www.newhavenbirdclub.org/