[CT Birds] Elf wood-warbler

Robley Evans rjeva at conncoll.edu
Fri Mar 15 10:26:45 EDT 2013

About two weeks ago the NewYorkTimes had an article on the species, bird
and animal, that are now candidates for federal protection under a new
go-ahead program.  Among those pictured is the "elf wood-warbler," a small
gray streaked bird.  Have I missed something in my American bird books?
 For one thing, we do not have wood-warblers here.  European bird books do
not list this..  I wonder if it is a scam of the kind set up to vilify
Acorn two years ago, when a couple claimed support for a prostitution ring
they asked Acorn to fund, thereby exposing the liberal organization as one
not to be trusted.  Anyone know anything about the "elf wood-warbler"?
 Robley Evans  North Stonington