[CT Birds] A little OT- looking for some birding info

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Mar 17 11:26:12 EDT 2013

A little OT- looking for some birding info.
 I am going to Texas to the Galveston Featherfest Birding Festival in
April (11-14) but I have no itinerary before or after. If anyone is familiar
with spring birding in Texas I'd very much appreciate some info on good places
 to go and what birds I might see. The festival is heavily weighted towards
shore  birds, so I am more interested in looking for songbirds, raptors,
etc, aka land  birds. My stay is somewhat open-ended, and I could go a little
earlier if there  is a good reason. I'm not ruling out traveling to New
Mexico or SE Arizona  either.
Don Morgan