[CT Birds] Ratio of Red-shouldered to Red-tailed

Opposable Chums opposablechums at aol.com
Sun Mar 17 16:18:27 EDT 2013

David Provencher has perceptively suggested that my impression may be due to my location.

It seems to me that Red-shouldereds are more accepting of human proximity than Red-tails.  I live in a condo complex near the business center of a suburban town.  So this might be why the ratio of Red-tails to Red-shouldereds seems so skewed.

Also, perhaps I tend to let vocalizations affect my perception, as I often "bird" while working from home.  So blabber mouthed Red-shouldereds may be making an undue impression.

Thanks, all, for your responses.

- Jason