[CT Birds] Gannets lacking?

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 18 18:32:34 EDT 2013

Hi James,
I share your experience in seeing almost no Gannets yet in the Sound.  I've seen the occasional one here or there, but in a normal mid-March they would be numerous in LI Sound off CT. (Ditto Bonaparte's Gull). I can only suspect that large numbers are still in the Atlantic well south of here, and will appear on the next week or two.
This will prompt me to do an eBird search of where all the Gannets are now.
Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone