[CT Birds] 4 Red Crossbill

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 18 22:40:47 EDT 2013

During my checking here in NW CT to see if any local ponds, lakes or Reservoirs
were ice free yet - and no they are not, I was driving by Chippanee Golf Course
in Bristol on Hill St just before York Rd, when i spotted some birds under a
pine tree. When I got the nocks on them, they were 4 Red Crossbill eating from
the dropped cones on the ground. They occasionally flew up into the lower part
of the tree. This was around 4:30 today. I will check to see if they are there
tomorrow, in the yucky snow....Paul Carrier