[CT Birds] Spring!

Tricia Reid reidtri at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 12:17:09 EDT 2013

Yes, it really is coming - I saw my first GBH of the year, along with Wood
Ducks, Hooded Mergansers, a Flicker and a large flock of Bluebirds - all on
a short Sunday stroll around Chapin Pond in Mansfield Center. I'm also
inundated with "blackbirds" at my feeders - looks like a scene from "The
Birds" when I look out my windows. Grackles, Redwings, Cowbirds and
Starlings eating me out of house and home. The neighbourhood has never had
as many and for this long. Is this a delayed migration to further north
or is this horde here to stay?
--
Tricia Reid
Mansfield Center