[CT Birds] FOX SPARROW, WOOD DUCKS

Angeladimmitt at aol.com Angeladimmitt at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 15:32:48 EDT 2013

form Angela Dimmitt
3/19 New Milford Yard - Fox Sparrow at feeders, pair of Wood Duck on
stream.  Update on Carolina Wrens' nest under propane tank cover:-  my  gas guy
came today so we gingerly opened the lid (I had not seen the wrens at  the
tank today) - the nest looked complete, topped with beautiful green moss
covering the skeletal leaves and dried grass I'd seen the wrens using.  Saw
both wrens feeding today (suet, black oil sunflower and mixed seed), coming
from  shelter in the woodpile where they usually hang out, 25 feet from
propane tank.
Angela