[CT Birds] Sharpie in Hamden

jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 22 21:15:13 EDT 2013

Some irony here.....I work for the RWA and was driving around the road at
Lake Gaillard in North Branford earlier this week.  As I was going along, I
spooked something from the ground and it flew in front of my truck for about
100-200 ft.  It looked all black from the back and I thought, "Wow that
looks like a big robin".  It landed in some brush along the shoreline and I
got my binocs out.  It was the smallest accipiter I had ever seen.  I'm
guessing it was a small male sharpie.  I'd describe it as just a little
bigger than a blue jay.

Thanks,
JT

John Triana