[CT Birds] Sterling yard Pine Siskins (New Record!)

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Thu Mar 21 10:25:23 EDT 2013

>From Robert Dixon
3/21/13 - Sterling yard feeders - PINE SISKIN (55) continue for the 172nd consecutive day. This is a new record for the yard, breaking our previous record of 171 consecutive days set in the winter of 2008 / 2009. Our previous record was set in a winter when Pine Siskins were everywhere ( Jamie Meyers observed them in all 169 towns in the state! ) arriving in late December and staying well into June. It's surprising that we surpass this record in a winter where Siskins have become hard to find in most parts of the state after their initial push in early October. It will be interesting to see how long they stay.

Robert Dixon
179 Main St.
Sterling, Ct. 06377
860-564-4638 h