[CT Birds] Bullock's Injured - No Longer in Ellington

jayne.neville at cox.net jayne.neville at cox.net
Thu Mar 21 17:08:52 EDT 2013

Deb and CT Birders,

Well this was one way for me to get to see this oriole!  The oriole does not have an apparent bone fracture so I am treating it as a soft tissue/muscular injury. The bird is also suffering from conjunctivitis which is usually secondary resulting from a bacterial infection. He has not left the mealworm dish since arrival!

Deb--- Kudos to you for being observant enough to notice the bird was in trouble and savvy enough to catch him! Unfortunately the stress of the winter weather finally got the best of him.

I am hopeful to get him back out after several weeks of antibiotics and rest!  Cross your fingers!

Jayne Neville
Mount Vernon Songbird Sanctuary