[CT Birds] RBNH, Lake Whitney ducks, &c.

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Fri Mar 22 20:54:44 EDT 2013

My little buddy is still around, chowing down on the suet!

Also, Lake Whiney: my FOY Osprey (Flo) and about 70 ducks (v.i.) behind the peninsula, NE cove.

From Arthur Shippee:
03/22/13 - Hamden, North Lake -- Red-breasted Nuthatch

Behind our unit, also:  Titmouse, Chickadee, Robin, Red-winged Blackbird, Carolina Wren, White-throated Sparrow (7), Cardinal, Downy Woodpecker, Sharp-shinned Hawk, Mourning Dove.

Around Lake Whitney, 4-5 PM:  Crow, Great Blue Heron, Swan (2 nests?), Wood Duck (6M & 3F +), Mallard (various pairs), Black Duck, Ring Necked Duck (7M & 1F +), Gadwall (12++), American Wigeon (pair at least), Green-winged Teal, Common Merganser (5M & 3F +), Herring Gull (2), Ring Billed Gull (2), Turkey Vulture, Osprey, Red Tailed Hawk.