[CT Birds] Eurasian (Common) Teal, curiosity?

danforth1723 at att.net danforth1723 at att.net
Fri Mar 29 14:13:54 EDT 2013

Stopped in at the Portland fair grounds around 11:00 am. Not nearly as many
ducks as there were at 6:00 am. Several birders viewing with scopes. I could
not locate the Eurasian Teal I had seen earlier, but there was a Teal that
looked like an Eurasian with a weaker white stripe on the scapulars and a
curious white area on the front of the upper breast or lower neck. No
vertical white line in front of the wing.

Mark Danforth

Tolland Ct.